Friday, June 10, 2016

June Layouts by Debbi Tehrani (and a mini process video on how I made my monster-y accents)

"So Happy at the Beach"

 
I'm making an album for my friend, and this is a page for her book.
 I found lots of great 2Crafty pieces to use on this beach page.
 

I wanted my page to have a sunwashed feel, so I lightly swiped most of my chipboard pieces with gesso. The "Word Circles Set 1" was a great piece to use for part of the title. To supplement my title, I added letter stickers to an arrow to supplement my title from "Asst Arrows" and added a little heart, painted red, from "ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars."


The "Small Palm Tree Set" was perfect for my beach page. I added some seashell brads and a border punched wave to create a beachy vignette. I colored a year piece from the "2016's" with navy blue stamp ink and added it to the tree.


I framed one of the pictures with a frame from the "Polaroid Assortment Frames" set and covered it with patterned paper. I used a The "beach" from the "Summertime" sheet of words finished my title. I decided to leave this word raw so it would show up on the frame.


I found a couple other summery pieces to further embellish my page. The sun is from the "Mini Weather Icons" and the bird is from the "Seagulls" set.
2Crafty Products used on this layout:
Word Circles Set 1
Asst Arrows
ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars
Small Palm Tree Set
2016's
Polaroid Assortment Frame
Summertime
Mini Weather Icons
Seagulls


"Laughter Is the Best Medicine"

This photo was taken while we were in the waiting room at the hospital. I had been stung by a bunch of angry yellow jackets a few days before and was having a reaction. With Tracee around, of course we had to get some silly selfies! 

I have a thing for monsters, and 2Crafty has some super-cute monsters, and I thought they would be fun to use on this layout. In my short video, I will share with you how I created my title and how I embellished my monster chipboard accents.

The "laughter" title came from the "Summertime" sheet of words. This cute little monster is from the "Blobbles." I used an arrow from "Asst Arrows" to hold part of my title.


That fun quirky arrow, which I coated with black embossing powder is from the "Crazy Arrows" set. I embossed a circle from the "Circle Stack" to frame the funniest picture. 


This cute little guy is from the "Monsters" set, which includes six different critters.


I used the word "best" from "best wishes," which is from the "Card Sentiments" as part of my title, also embossed in black. "Medicine" is spelled out with the "Alpha Set 1" and inked with green stamp ink (after coating it with gesso).

Here's a video sharing some of my process for creating this layout:


2Crafty Products used on this layout
Summertime
Blobbles
Asst Arrows
Crazy Arrows
Circle Stack
Monsters
Card Sentiments
Alpha Set 1
Thank you so much for stopping by and looking at my pages. I hope I've given you
 some ideas for using the awesome 2Crafty chipboard!



Photobucket